Since I cannot sleep right now & I just cleaned our kitchen inside out... I've decided to blog. Today I was able to spend a lot of time with my local Church--the bride of Christ, His beautiful creation--and also had great pondering time! I learned a new song that was centered around the Church of Christ being a beautiful bride, learned about servant hood and how to biblically solve problems when they arise, meditated on the attributes of God in His perfect holiness, tried to play basketball, prayed with brothers & sisters, played some songs for Jesus, & just got to be with my Lord. What a beautiful Maker He is!
There are so many different thoughts that come to my mind, but really the only one that continues to come as clear as a bright summer day is that my God is great. He is greatly to be praised, He is gracious & merciful, slow to anger & great in lovingkindness, His greatness is unsearchable, so much so that all His godly ones should bless Him & speak of the glory of His kingdom & talk of His power! (Psalm 145) My human mind can only fathom so much of God's beauty and nature. Even today when I was on the courts I looked up and saw a rainbow; I was so mesmerized by it that when I pointed it out to my buddies I got knocked in the head from a missed shot! haha I wish I could always be captivated by the Lord...it's all in these small things that He uses to show me His love for me. It's amazing to just think that my God delights in revealing His glory to me and blessing me with His goodness! Who in the world am I to even deserve such a thing?!! Because of His Son's blood spilled on the cross that redeemed me from eternal separation from the Father, I am found blameless, without blemish before my beautiful King! Are you seeing this picture? Your darkness can be made light & white because of the red, cleansing, purifying blood of Jesus Christ that was sacrificed so that you may be reconciled to the Father, if you put your faith in Jesus alone! Wow. Col. 1:19-22
I have been burdened much more recently than normal for specific people in my life who are lost and also for brothers & sisters who are struggling or experiencing tribulations. It has been a wonderful sanctification process, though! The Lord has taught me a bit on humility, what it really looks like to cast my cares upon Him when I can do no more than pray...(1 Pet. 5:7) After discovering hard news about my dear friend whose baby went to be with Jesus, another friend who is unwilling to bend low to the earth & allow God to humble her, another who continues to reject the Good News each time I mention it, my life has been just becoming softer & softer into the clay that my Potter wants me to be! Fallen tears, discouraging talks, doubtful hearts, and continual prayers make me just desire my God to save & work in and through me even more! God's hand is NOT too short to save nor His ear too dull to hear (Isaiah 59:1)!
I realize this isn't much of an update on my life, but it is definitely what the Father has been working on in my heart for the past month-ish.. God opposes the proud and gives grace to the humble (James 4:6). Will you humble yourselves before Him?
You are always such an encouragement, and I feel so blessed to be your friend!! Keep serving, and posting so that I can keep learning. I love you, and can't wait to see how God continues to work in your life.
ReplyDelete-Jess
Hey Steph,
ReplyDeleteIt's Angie Clayton from Grace Life Church in Muscle Shoals. I am excited to hear the good news of God's grace and call in your life to Southeast Asia. I have your pic on my refrigerator and will pray for you.
In Him because of Him,
Angie